With all of this rain we’ve had lately I thought I would put up a quick post about Driving in the rain.
We’ve all been there … a storm has just dumped buckets of rain and the roads are covered in Lake Erie-sized puddles just waiting for you to come zipping through creating a wake from sidewalk to sidewalk. It’s irresistible, we know, but here are some reasons why you may want to reconsider flooring it when approaching your next puddle.
1. Six inches of water will reach the bottom of most passenger cars causing loss of control and possible stalling.
2. A foot of water will float many vehicles.
3. Water splashing up may be sucked into the intake manifold and Hydrolock the engine.
4. Engine electronics can be damaged.
5. Your brakes can be compromised causing an accident.
To recap, If you can drive around the puddle safely – do it! If you have to drive through it – go slow!
As always, call us for any of your auto repair needs!